A leading transport company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Operations Manager to join their team.
- Reporting challenges and progress at daily management meetings.
- Ensuring that daily SLA are met within agreed timeline.
- Pro-actively plan and manage all operational costs included scheduled resources.
- Build effective, value adding, transparent relationship with all service providers through regular communication and reporting.
- Compiling SOP and providing training on team members.
- Develop and execute functional operational plans that support business strategy and enable the distribution centre to meet budgets, goals, targets and due dates.
- Implement and maintain all required systems, processes and procedures within the outbound section of the distribution centre.
- Develop standard operating procedures for Production and Dispatch areas and monitor and enforce compliance.
- Maximize the efficiency and productivity levels of the operation, ensure compliance with agreed standards, continuously seek to optimise processes and find value-add opportunities for the division.
- Manage and report on service level agreements (including overseeing management information reports if relevant)
- Build effective, value-adding, transparent relationships with all stakeholders (customers, suppliers and employees) through regular communication, reporting and personal interaction.
- Ensure that distribution services meet quality standards and customer requirements, and that customer satisfaction levels meet agreed targets.
- Ensure that all outbound items leave the distribution centre within agreed time frames and that all inbound items are packed away correctly and within agreed time frames.
- Ensure that deliveries are on time as per agreed targets, improving processes where need be, and liaising with service providers to optimise processes.
- Manage and report on the operational budget, managing costs to ensure that costs are in line with budget.
- Overseeing process between dispatch team and in house couriers.
- Monitoring of OSP billing monthly.
- Financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis of data.
- Supply Chain & Logistics Diploma/Degree or Industrial Engineering Diploma/Degree – Advantage
- Warehouse Management Systems experience – Essential
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in logistics environment
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days