Senior Operations Manager
A leading logistics company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Operations Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the team complies with designated system processes in terms of file registration and updates of event statuses, including the monitoring of shipments, obtaining marine insurance cover where required and liaising with airlines, warehouses, and transporters to expedite shipments in accordance with agreed client SOPs.
- Assist the team to determine the best routing requirements for the import or export of shipments to ensure the most effective transit times are achieved. Arrange and coordinate collections via approved third-party subcontractors
- Assist the team in liaising with relevant entities to collect cargo and origination information, buying and selling rates from relevant offices and finalize, agree, and arrange the shipping method with the client and international offices.
- Facilitate a responsive turnaround time.
- Interact with clients to keep them informed by notifying them of shipments and provide general assistance to Controllers in respect of updating Event Controls and capturing data in Cargo-wise.
- Assist in the timeous and efficient closeout related to shipments by effective management of WIPs and accruals
- Provide general administrative support and backup to the team in ensuring client requirements are met
- Establish and develop strongly valued relationships with all carriers, agents and clients with the purpose of increasing confidence in and the reputation of the business driving brand awareness and loyalty.
- Ensure that all activities in the area of responsibility are compliant with company-specific regulations
- Ensure that all applicable accruals for the shipment are captured in the month that revenue is recognized for the shipment.
- Ensure that accurate shipment events are captured on the system daily.
- Process and follow up on estimate requests for existing client base linked to their NCR.
- Coordinate and control the team.
- Ensuring that all invoices from service providers are requested and received on time for the files to be invoiced within 48 hrs. after being released from customs.
- Ensure that the team interacts with clients as per the defined client retention strategy and provides visible support and information in response to enquiries and queries pertaining to shipment movement, customs queries, updating and submission of client tracking, status reports and KPIs.
- Lead the team through coaching, developing and motivating subordinates including follow-up of team and individual performance against targets and objectives aligned with overall company strategy
- NCFF (NQF 3/4), FIATA / Logistics or Commerce diploma
- Logistics or similar Degree
- Comprehensive knowledge of the forwarding and clearing industry, Incotermsand customs requirements
- A minimum of 10-15 years of Forwarding and Clearing experience is required with good knowledge of Logistics/Supply Chain processes
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar management role
- Financial P&L experience
- Cargo-wise 1
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel,
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Decision-making skills
- Attention to detail
- Meeting deadlines.
- Customer commitments are met and exceeded
- Service delivery and client satisfaction
- Comprehensive documentation on system and file
- Profitable customer solutions
- Enhanced turnaround time
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days