A professional infrastructure services firm with proven expertise in structural, civil and Infrastructure design is looking for a Water Engineer to join their team in Gauteng!
- BSc/BEng or BTech degree in civil engineering.
- Registered with ECSA.
- Experience in a private Consulting practice in RSA.
Additional qualifications/memberships, which are advantageous:
- Working Knowledge of GCC / FIDIC / NEC / JBCC
- Active member in CESA / SAICE / WISA
- iNQF7 (labour-based construction)
- 3-5 years’ experience in the water and sanitation field, extensively involved in detail design with experience in water and sanitation projects.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, iDAS (or Civil Designer), Revit, HEC-RAS, EPANET, Pipe2000 and WaterCAD.
- Detail design of water and sanitation projects.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the production of technical drawings, design and reporting inputs by supporting staff.
- Carry out, oversee, evaluate Preliminary and Detailed Design for water supply, urban and rural water reticulation systems, pump stations rising mains and pipework for reservoirs.
- Carry out Preliminary and Detailed Design for water retention facilities, stormwater drains, flood control facilities, or other hydraulic structure, urban sewer reticulation systems, combined sewer overflow facilities, outfalls, pump stations and rising mains.
- Prepare Bulk Earthworks Model using Civil 3D/Civil Designer
- Prepare, oversee and evaluate Tender and Contract Documents including detailed Specifications, Special Conditions of Contract and Bills of Quantities.
- Undertake hydrological investigations, reports and determine flood lines.
- Preparation of requests for proposals, expressions of interests.
- Manage, train and mentor technical site staff on the designs and specifications.
- Check all drawings, designs, reports and documents produced in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System’s requirements as set out in the applicable work instructions and checklists.
- Prepare Inception, Preliminary and Detailed Design Reports
- Management of projects to ensure that they are controlled, adhering to quality standards and budget, and are on time and ensure that project deliverables meet clients’ requirements.
- Financial management of own projects and monitoring of performance and profitability and with regular liaison and reporting to line manager and business unit manager.
- Compliance with and managing direct reports compliance with the company’s Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015).
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Engineering team at 021 551 8638
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days