A leading packaging company situated in Bloemfontein is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Store Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- To provide warehouse support to the Branch to achieve aggressive growth.
- Manage the stock in the warehouse and to see zero stock write off as a result of poor stock management, stock rotation and expired stock.
- To limit the stock holding in the warehouse to 90 days.
- Minimise losses as a result of stock damages.
- To implement standard operating practices (SOP’s) across all disciplines in the Warehouse.
- Ensure that the Resources in the Warehouse adhere to standard operating practices (SOP’s).
- To ensure the freight out loads are done daily and on time.
- Benchmark your own Warehouse to best practices in and outside the company – Has a continuous improvement plan.
- To ensure a high level of housekeeping, material handling and storage of product.
- Has a good knowledge of the legal aspects relating to warehousing and aligns to these: Safety, occupational health, storage, materials handling, legal appointments, etc.
- Cycle counts to be done daily.
- Support aggressive growth via the Sales Team of +13% per annum in volume terms
- Ensure adequate operational capacity (warehouse) to support aggressive growth in the Branch.
- To give support to customers in all areas of distribution.
- Create a performance driven culture through the implementation of performance management for all operational staff in the warehouse.
- Align the warehouse and all staff to the Company Code of Conduct.
- Lead the warehouse team by example.
- Create and implement a skills development plan which will improve the functional competence in the warehouse.
- To create a climate of “work hard, play hard” in the warehouse.
Key Performance Areas:
- Stock Losses by way of cycle counts and yearly stock count.
- Stock rotation.
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Computer literacy
- A high level of literacy
- At least 5 years supervisory experience in a FMCG warehouse
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days