A leading construction company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Work closely with the Designers and Project Managers to develop and maintain detailed resource-loaded schedules of Design/Build construction projects using MS Project 2016
- Integrate multiple schedules into a master project schedule, baseline, status, and performance measurement baseline.
- Develop and maintain summary level schedule reports: Gantt, milestone charts, and other tools used to support critical path analysis, near-term tasks work, priority-based resource allocations, performance variances, and to support cost/schedule integration.
- Gather and analyze information to prepare reports on the progress of projects. Frequent on-site visits to review construction progress are required.
- Support the project management team in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting of projects, including dashboard maintenance.
- Work in collaboration with the project management team to drive consistency of the project scheduling approach to facilitate accuracy in project execution and reporting.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Maintain accurate records/paperwork.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly schedule reviews.
- Training of Foremen, Superintendents & Project Managers to learn, or increase skills in, project scheduling company-wide.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree/experience combination in construction and/or engineering.
- Registered with SACPCMP or PMI
- Minimum of 5 years of construction project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience using MS Project or Primavera P3 or P6 and MS Excel
- Subject matter expertise using MS Project to manage an integrated master schedule and the supporting detailed schedules
- Extremely proficient in MS Office
- Superior interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills, including the ability to motivate and influence others, build effective interpersonal relationships, and be able to foster and contribute to a positive and productive team environment
- Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities.
- Able to embrace and participate in change initiatives.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and writing skills, including solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days