Raw Materials Planner
A leading food and beverage manufacturing company situated in the Western Cape is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Raw Materials Planner to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Overseeing Supply Planning, Raw Material Planning, Production Scheduling, Sourcing, Order Management, International shipments and Customs. This will include negotiation of annual purchase contracts and managing of the relationships with such suppliers, call-offs involved in such contracts, import and export shipments, licensing renewals (Customs) and HS Classification (commodity codes) to determine the relevant duties payable.
- Managing and reducing inventory levels locally, whilst delivering the highest service levels without any negative customer impact. This involves working closely with sales team and their forecasts and local production team.
- Continuously review and improve relevant system parameters, such as safety stocks, re-order points & lot sizes across multiple production sites, also keeping MRP master data correct and up to date.
- Involvement with planning systems (e.g. SAP S/4 HANA ePPDS) and the rolling out of ePPDS at the company’s new site, including continuous improvement of all relevant planning processes.
- In order to anticipate potential shortages or excesses, you monitor and evaluate operating rhythms & production plans.
- Implementing of best-in-class strategies to reduce costs and constant improvement of processes in the global Supply Chain.
- Based on your continuous analyses, you integrate and execute best supply chain practices to improve external and internal material flow.
- Continuous learning and benchmarking with the industry should enable you to develop and implement highest Supply Chain standards at the company.
- Your standard working agenda includes regular presentations to upper management related to overall Supply Chain performance, whilst building and driving applicable action plans.
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Raw Materials Essential in a B2B environment (FMCG)
- SAP knowledge is a MUST
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days