Warehouse Supervisor: Raw Materials
A leading food company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Warehouse Supervisor: Raw Materials to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Ensure issuing of raw materials is completed in a timeous manner to prevent stoppages on any production line.
- Complete daily check on potential raw material shortages and co-ordinate with Buyer to eliminate.
- Communicate any material shortages with Planner to aid re-planning of production.
- Ensure raw materials store is run in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Conduct stock take for raw materials maintaining a minimum level of stock difference.
- Responsible for management and organisation of permanent staff in reporting structure.
- Discuss any casual staff requirements with Logistics Manager.
- Manage all leave requirements for reporting structure in consultation with Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that workplace safety standards are met and that appropriate safety clothes, shoes, hearing protection, etc are used.
- Train and coach warehouse employees continuously according to standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that flow of production is maintained.
- Communicate daily with team members and Planner.
- Schedule and conduct Toolbox talks.
- Ensure a clean and safe work area.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role and environment
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days