Intermediate Software Developer
An industry-leading company is looking for an Intermediate Software Developer to join their development team at their Cape Town offices. This position is mid-level and full-time. The successful candidate will do software development on the CRM platform and client-facing portals used by the company nationally and will report to the Development manager.
This leading fintech advisory delivers a wide range of financial services and a suite of financial products. The business was founded on personal service, lifelong relationships with clients, integrity, trust and transparency. These values are encapsulated in the group’s core business principles – their vision is to be a highly respected advice-led financial technology firm in Southern Africa and selected regions abroad.
As a business, they prefer internal promotion, and when they hire externally, they hire the very best people. They believe in a culture of performance and meritocracy where income, promotion and progression are always based on individual excellence and the overall betterment of the firm. Bursaries and student loans are offered to existing employees provided that it’s within the scope of their job. The culture is notably energetic and the team is welcoming, and as tech and development are primary in the company strategy for the next five years, there is huge potential at this firm for career development and job growth.
- Develop components of the CRM platform, as well as the client-facing portals, in conjunction with our external software development partner
- Develop components of the Android & Apple client apps
- Develop according to the future architecture of the software stack and make suggestions to improve the current architecture
- Research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle
- Produce clean, well-documented, efficient, and standards-compliant code with an eye toward performance optimization
- Write secure code and exercise good judgment in handling sensitive data
- Industrialize solutions with DevOps
- Work along with the BAs and Testers, as well as maintain an excellent working relationship with our external software development partner
- Follow current coding practices but having the ability to suggest an improvement
- Display a customer service approach to the users (Advisers and internal business) of the CRM platform
- Can-do attitude to addressing problems.
- Analytical thinker
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Advanced communications skills
- Change management and coaching skills
- IT innovation and acumen
Education and Experience
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience in related roles in the financial services industry
- Experience in CRM and client portal solutions, as well as Android & Apple development
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Very good C# development experience
- Very good understanding of the software development process
- Experience in wealth management and adviser value proposition requirements Recommended requirements:
- PHP knowledge advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.