A leading company in Johannesburg is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Warehouse Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing the following disciplines in the
- warehouse department, Receiving department
- Reach truck operator, responsible for Replenishment all areas of the warehouse, ambient as well the fridge area
- Picking departments
- Stock take management
- Overall warehouse housekeeping
- Build and drive a high performing team to contribute to the overall performance
- Design and implement succession plans
- Staff performance evaluation
- Employee development plans
- Manage conflict and discipline required
- Motivate and inspire team
- Keep employees informed through meetings and written
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with
- your team
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s system as well as
- policies and procedures are adhered to
- Responsible for total stock management, including:
- Maintaining proper agreed stock control policies and procedures
- Stock counts and cycle counts
- Stock adjustments and write offs
- Stock rotation
- Stock database
- Identity and report on short, dated stock
- Assure stock in the warehouse is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition
- Ensure control systems to safeguard stock is adhered to
- Responsible for daily picking of stock.
- Meet agreed deadlines for processing of sales orders
- Ensure pick face is fully replenished at the beginning of the pick shift
- Ensure accuracy of stock picking
- Monitor picking efficiencies
- Responsible for the pro-active maintenance management of warehouse equipment, including regular safety inspections.
- Provide assistance to risk manager to ensure a secure warehouse environment
- Communicate with colleagues from various departments to resolve customer queries as well as coordinate activities
- Responsible for the relevant Food Safety system as well as the OHS act compliance.
- Conduct investigations and disciplinary hearings and attend to CCMA cases.
- Matric with preferably a qualification in warehouse/operations management
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in an operation, warehouse environment
- At least 2 years’ experience in people management
- Knowledge of WMS & SYSPRO.
- Computer Literacy, especially Excel
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days