Supply Chain Manager
A leading food and beverage company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Overseeing Supply Planning, Raw Material Planning, Production Scheduling, Sourcing, Order Management, International shipments and Customs. This will include negotiation of annual purchase contracts and managing of the relationships with such suppliers, call-offs involved in such contracts, import and export shipments, licensing renewals (Customs) and HS Classification (commodity codes) to determine the relevant duties payable.
- Managing and reducing inventory levels locally, whilst delivering the highest service levels without any negative customer impact. This involves working closely with sales team and their forecasts and local production team.
- Continuously review and improve relevant system parameters, such as safety stocks, re-order points & lot sizes across multiple production sites, also keeping MRP master data correct and up to date.
- Involvement with planning systems (e.g. SAP S/4 HANA ePPDS) and the rolling out of ePPDS at the company’s new site, including continuous improvement of all relevant planning processes.
- In order to anticipate potential shortages or excesses, you monitor and evaluate operating rhythms & production plans.
- Implementing of best-in-class strategies to reduce costs and constant improvement of processes in the global Supply Chain.
- Based on your continuous analyses, you integrate and execute best supply chain practices to improve external and internal material flow.
- Continuous learning and benchmarking with the industry should enable you to develop and implement highest Supply Chain standards at the company.
- Your standard working agenda includes regular presentations to upper management related to overall Supply Chain performance, whilst building and driving applicable action plans.
- Degree or diploma in Supply Chain and Logistics or related qualification.
- As an expert in Supply Chain Management, you gained experience on inventory management, planning systems and processes over the last 5-10 years.
- A strong background in Raw material planning, supply planning and demand planning will be beneficial.
- Experience in managing a team of 5 or more.
- Working together with you means to benefit from your analytical strength and cross-functional way of thinking.
- With an international mindset you embrace the challenges coming along with bringing our ideas to life in our plant in South Africa.
- Being familiar with the SAP environment you have already implemented a new planning system / software and guided your colleagues through the process.
- You are a strong communicator and fluent in at least English.
- Project Management experience.
- Manufacturing processes & Product knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days