A leading steel company situated in Mpumalanga is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Planning Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Daily production and shipping plans, order promising and capacity planning
- Managing the material planning process, and dealing with excess material, internal projects and stock sales.
- Define material planning rules and practices, including material design, implementing NCR dispositions, final allocations and final cutting instructions
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implementing solutions.
- Facilitating effective communication and reporting within the business unit and across disciplines.
- Handle high volumes of data; ensure data integrity report accurately on manufacturing progress.
- Suitable qualification (preferably Industrial Engineering) with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the manufacturing industry. Experience in the steel industry will be advantageous.
- Proven knowledge and interest in operations planning – including the concepts of Lean Manufacturing, MES, and manufacturing planning systems.
- Relevant experience in liaising with management of all departments in the company to define planning objectives, execute the plans and monitoring and improving the outcome.
- Candidate’s career history must display strategic approaches to implementing effective and efficient approaches to optimize available resources and setting the team priorities and goals.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and facilitate consultation processes among business unit.
- Our ideal candidate must display strong leadership qualities; be a self-driven, strategic, analytical and decisive thinker to thrive and work across disciplines
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days