An industry-leading construction company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced BMH Systems – Mechanical/Structural Designer to join their team.
- Minimum N6 Technical Drawing or equivalent / National Diploma
- Proven Mechanical Design working experience in Bulk Materials Handling Systems
- 8 to 12 years of design work in Materials handling Systems.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Bulk Materials Handling Systems within the Mining Sector
- Technical Awareness & Technical Judgement.
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Detail Consciousness
- Team Player
- Own initiative / Self driver
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- The Structural / Mechanical Designer will work closely under the direction of the Lead Structural /Mechanical Engineer.
- The person appointed in this role will be responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings for steel, and mechanical layouts using the applicable standards and specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design information according to project standards and procedures.
- This position requires coordination with other discipline designers such as electrical, piping, and project team members to ensure a complete and timely production of drawing packages, spreadsheets, and databases to document information related to design.
- Recording and submitting of monthly/weekly timesheets and drawing control sheets to the planner as required.
- Execute drawing office-related activities as requested or instructed by the Section Leader / Coordinator.
- To perform administration functions as and when requested by the Section Leader / Coordinator.
- Produce drawings from given information.
- Produce drawings with practical safe content.
- Site measure and inspect items when required.
- Assist Section Leader / Coordinator in his duties as and when required.
- File drawings in a disciplined manner and in accordance with Project document management requirements.
- General Administration required and related to the position.
- Carry out any ad hoc reasonable lawful request by management.
- The appointed persons will be responsible for ensuring that they act according to agreed procedures and work instructions and make themselves familiar with all the procedures that relate to their sphere of activities.
- The preparation of designs, reports, and drawings.
- Ensuring that projects meet legal guidelines, health and safety regulations, and environmental directives.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days