A widely respected medium sized consulting practice is urgently seeking to appoint an Electrical technologist to be based in their head office in Pietermaritzburg (KZN) on a full-time annual contract basis.
Permanent employment will be subject to performance and work opportunities. Post to be filled immediately.
- BSc Eng or BTech (Electrical) from a recognised South African institution
- Pr Eng or Pr Tech Eng registration with ECSA (added advantage)
- Minimum of 6 years post graduate design experience within the consulting sector
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit & BIM Modelling (non-negotiable)
- Experience with modelling software such as PowaMaster and lighting design software would be advantageous
- Planning and design of building electrical reticulation systems including lighting, earthing and lightning protection systems: SLDs, GA’s and schematics
- Design work to be undertaken using AutoCAD incorporating Revit/BIM, and basic system calculations for fault level calculations etc
- Material selection, specifications and BOQ’s
- All designs to comply with SANS 10142 requirements. Knowledge of SANS 10142 is mandatory
- Standby generation system design
- HVAC system supply designs
- Supply design to other systems such as security, surveillance and fire systems
- Building management systems would be advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Alternatively, you are welcome to contact our Engineering team at 021 551 8638
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days