An industry-leading company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Experience & Requirements:
- At least 7 years of experience working in a consulting engineering firm on Building Services Projects
- Sound knowledge of the JBCC, GCC, NEC and other relevant building contracts
- Knowledge and experience in a broad spectrum of Electrical engineering projects and project management
- Experience in managing project budgets and aligning with client expectations
- Knowledge of National, Provincial, and local laws, ordinances, policies and procedures in all aspects of design and drawing production (National Building Regulations, SANNS Code of Practice, SANS Design Codes and NHBRC requirements, policies and ordinances)
- Understanding of the construction process
- Knowledge and experience of ISO quality management system
- Experience with AUTOCAD, REVIT and Relux
- Proficient with MS Office
Education & certificates:
- BSc/BEng Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer at ECSA
- Providing design calculations, drawings, and specifications
- MV bulk services design, including MV reticulation design, cable sizing and route selection. Sizing and selection of MV/LV mini substations of appropriate capacity.
- LV boards designed for loading capacity and protection levels for switchgear and bus bars.
- Design of LV distribution board line diagrams, buildings’ power and lighting layouts.
- Design of security systems inclusive of CCTV, Access Control, and Intruder Detection.
- Experience with renewable energy systems such as Photo Voltaic
- Standby and emergency power, including sizing and incorporating standby generators and UPS systems
- Earthing and Lightning protection design, fire detection and alarm systems as well as intrusion and access control systems
- Ensuring designs are by the latest codes, standards and procedures and other specifications
- Complete inspection and auditing services including control and instrumentation system evaluations in-process and product/project inspections.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.