Buyer / Planner
A leading plastics company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Buyer/Planner to join their team.
- Maintain responsibility for monitoring/creating purchase requisitions, on a daily basis, for appropriate vendors through ERP system, and converting requisitions to purchase orders.
- Lead all aspects of production scheduling, working with manufacturing.
- Cross-train to backfill a few other select areas in Planning and/or Purchasing.
- Ensure compliance with the companies Purchasing Policies and Procedures, Code of Ethics, Values and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Interface with production, sales, purchasing and suppliers in order to schedule purchase orders of raw material to meet production demand.
- Supporting and providing the coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function to ensure timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- The effective coordination of the material planning, purchasing and production scheduling function and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products.
- Purchase finished goods from outside suppliers in accordance with ERP requirements and customer orders required dates.
- Confirm supplier delivery dates for purchasing material and expedite orders when necessary.
- Access and input revisions (e.g., quantity, ship date) in order to update ERP reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering, Management, Manufacturing, Business/Administration, Supply Chain Management, Technical, Finance or Operations Management.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience purchasing raw materials in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
- In-depth understanding of ERP concepts including bills of material.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days