A Giant in the retail sector is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Cape Town!
The chosen individual will be in charge of entering all financial data into the general ledger. In addition to making sure that the adjustment journals and controls are processed promptly, the job will carry out crucial reconciliations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Handle monthly financial reconciliations.
- Assist the Record to Report Manager in maintaining the General Ledger’s data integrity.
- Plan and manage the processing of all journal entries for the various divisions.
- Assure compliance with all accounting standards and companies’ rules.
- Report on all deviations from policy, procedures, and controls
- Carry out the prompt and accurate preparation of trial balances for each entity under the Company.
- Evaluate and recommend closing processes for sub-ledger and general ledger accounts, including reconciliations to control accounts.
- CA(SA) who has recently qualified
- 3-5 Years within a functional working environment
- Excellent knowledge of financial accounting
- 1-3 years’ experience in leading a team within the transactional environment is advantageous.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Relatively good understanding of IFRS and other accounting standards.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days