Software Development Manager
This client is looking for a Software Development Manager to fill a key role in their company, for a hybrid role: remote/in-office at Cape Town. Recent hands-on development experience is not required – they are looking for an individual with technical knowledge, but also the desire to apply it to managing a team outside of simply focusing on individual work alone.
- Take ownership of the delivery of the client software
- Collaborate with product owners and other internal stakeholders to deliver new functionality
- Ensure reduction in the number of bugs and defects
- Manage the recruiting process for developers and QA team
- Manage the team leads of Ruby on Rails, Kotlin/Java, Mobile Development and QA teams
- Ensure continued growth and job satisfaction of all team members in the development team
- Streamline or improve processes where possible
- Ensure smooth running of all infrastructure
Education and Experience
- Higher Degree or diploma in IT or related field
- At least 8 years of overall experience in the software industry
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience in backend development and infrastructure (AWS)
Recent experience at a SaaS or other product-based company will be an advantage
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.