Senior Resident Engineer
A well-established client of ours is currently looking for a professional Senior Resident Engineer to join their dynamic engineering team in Gauteng.
The client is a long-standing consulting engineering firm primarily focusing on the design and implementation of large infrastructure and building projects – they pride themselves on their innovative approach, and a company culture founded on the principles of humility and respect.
An incumbent can look forward to a professional environment, a tight-knit group of experienced individuals to work with, and a marked level of autonomy with consistent feedback that encourages the best out of every staff member.
The client is looking for a Senior Resident Engineer to join their talented engineering team, who will assist in the supervision and management of a number of their large engineering projects. Such projects include (but are not limited to) bulk steel pipelines, pump stations & reservoirs. The successful applicant will be responsible for all relevant deliverables required within their projects, the reporting thereof, the creation and adherence to budgets, and the maintenance of the high-quality standards expected by both the company and their clients.
- Be responsible for the design and implementation of large infrastructure and building projects
- Perform and manage the completion of complex tasks relative to designs, drawings, sketches, plans, environmental permitting, analyses and economic feasibility studies for systems using available software tools
- Manage, administer and collaborate with all associated teams and stakeholders
- Communicate effectively (written and oral) with directorate, team members, and team managers
- Prioritise and implement both innovation and best practice within all aspects of the project pipeline, including adherence to compliance and safety standards
- Review and manage third party reports, proposals, contracts and plans for improvements, charges or expansion
- On-site work in the supervision/construction of all water supply projects
- Apply cutting-edge engineering and architectural, technical theory to offer clients the latest in innovative, versatile, cost-effective, and sustainable design solutions
- Provide progressive solutions of the highest quality and complexity, adapting to problems and adjustments as they occur
- Good record keeping and contract management
- Align all inspection, tests and approval of construction activities with company standards
- Quality control and evaluations
- The candidate will be required to travel to site for investigation, management and assessments
- Fluent in English, good and confident communicator
- Adaptable problem-solver
- An out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to mentor, train, and see the best in the team members under ones seniority
- Confident orator, capable of presenting ideas to large groups of people
- Capable and practical team leader
Education and Experience
- PR Eng or PR Tech
- Registration with ECSA; BSc, BEng or BTech in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years post-qualification experience, preference for experience in water projects and on-site work
- Experience in managing teams and large projects
- Proficient in MS Office, reporting tools, engineering-relevant software
- Vehicle and Drivers’ License
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.