Senior Automation Specialist
A leading chemical company situated in PE is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Senior Automation Specialist to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Fault finding, repairing, and programming of all electronics and electronic related equipment (scales, cables, computers, PLC’s and VSD’s). This includes being available on standby.
- Assisting with new installations, improvements, and modifications of automation projects.
- Projects: Generating RFQ’s, raising CAPEX and procuring tangible items and services.
- Projects: Developing / approving concept, electrical and mechanical designs, specifying technical equipment and writing technical specification, as well as being actively involved in the commissioning of automation projects.
- Projects: Ensuring projects are receipted, completed on time, completed within budget, and implemented according to specifications / standards.
- Ensuring documentation, designs, software and device parameters stay up to date on the company server. Communicating changes to all relevant staff.
- Ensuring spares availability for completed projects.
- Contractor management: Conducting site meetings, managing contractors, ensuring safe working practices are followed and draw up SLA’s.
- Proactively maintaining the plant and equipment with continuous improvement initiatives.
- National Diploma in Electronics or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5-year relevant automation experience
- Must have proven Siemens PLC experience
- SQL, InTouch and Robot experience will be beneficial
- Must have proven project management experience
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days