Roads Design Engineer
An industry-leading company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Roads Design Engineer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Design of roads and road pavement projects
- Compilation, or assist in the compilation of pavement design reports
- Compilation, or assist in the compilation of technical pavement specifications and BoQs for project documents.
- Can work independently and manage technical deliverables on components of roads projects
- Good communication skills and professionally undertake presentations to colleagues, clients, and stakeholders
- Develop solutions to problems/challenges in the most optimal and cost-effective manner
- Generate creative solutions to work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems & opportunities
- Be aware of the various technologies available and provide appropriate & best practice solutions
- Responsible & self-motivated
- Ability to work remotely
- A team player who can be part of a team of Engineers and Technicians to produce technical deliverables of the right quality to meet the scope in the time and budget allocated
- 5 or more years with specific Roads Design experience is a pre-requisite
- Pavement Design Experience
- Experience with COLTO, COTO & general conditions of contract would be advantageous
Education & certificates:
- BEng or BTech
- Professional registration with ECSA – PR Eng/Pr Tech Eng
- Competent with Civil Designer, Civil3D and AutoCAD would be advantageous
- Competent with Rubicon, concave and/or similar pavement design packages
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.