A leading food manufacturing company situated in the Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Production Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- The management of quality product through continual monitoring of the line performance through the optimization of quality vs. cost relationship.
- Effective utilisation of labour hours to maximise product yields and minimise breakage
- Ensure that adequate staffing is available to execute operational plans and that manning levels are at specification.
- Ensure that development and training needs of FLEs and direct reports are fulfilled.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained through the effective use of the disciplinary code
- Maximise quality cases produced per hour.
- Accurately compile and analyse daily production line reports in a timely manner.
- Evaluate and categorize all downtime occurring during a shift.
- Prepare a weekly performance report and feedback performance-related issues to the site leadership team.
- Analyze the weekly direct cost variance report and reconcile previous production week performance to standard.
- Check and ensure that all housekeeping, food safety and occupational safety standards are adhered to.
- Improve plant audit performance and work environment.
- Direct supervisory staff (FLMs) in identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions.
- Identify opportunities to improve production processes and/or operating methods.
- Improve on all quality weak link targets in AOP.
- Tertiary qualification in Production Management or equivalent
- Knowledge of quality assurance standards and systems.
- Computer literate (Access and MS Office)
- Knowledge of safety regulations
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days