A leading steel manufacturing company situated in PE is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Millwright to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Accurate troubleshooting – Using the appropriate troubleshooting techniques to identify possible problems and using the appropriate tools and parts required to rectify the problem.
- Assembly and testing – Ensure that the correct parts are installed and that performance tests are conducted.
- Routine and scheduled inspections of equipment and performing allocated tasks during production change overs.
- Ensuring that work is performed in accordance with relevant safe working procedures.
- Ensure that Preventative Maintenance tasks are carried out effectively, timeously and safely.
- Ensure that the maintenance programme remains effective by updating schedules and procedures.
- Maintain machine downtime to an acceptable level.
- Ensure that strategic spares are kept.
- Ensure that all requests are completed and recorded.
- Where necessary to instruct contractors on work to be carried out and check the outcome thereof.
- Ensure that a high standard of Housekeeping is achieved and maintained in designated areas.
- Give full co-operation on safety and housekeeping operations.
- Report unsafe conditions or acts immediately.
- Ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Fault finding/programme Siemens S7 PLC’s.
- Millwright Trade Test: Mechanical and Electrical (Qualified artisan)
- At least four years practical Millwright experience
- Working experience and knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, gearboxes, VSDs and PLC.
- Working experience and knowledge of electric melting furnaces would be advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days