A leading agricultural company situated in Western Cape is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Logistics Coordinator to join their team.
You will be the one to coordinate personnel and processes to achieve the effective distribution of goods. A great asset for a Logistics Coordinator is their communication and negotiation skills. They are also well-versed in supply management principles and practices. The ideal candidate will have great record-keeping abilities and a customer-oriented approach. The goal is to ensure the smooth operations of a variety of channels aiming for maximum efficiency.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Executing contract terms and conditions.
- Stock control.
- Quality control.
- Managing and executing of import/export documents and requirements.
- Negotiate rates with transporters.
- Adding new transporters to our existing book and ensuring GIT insurance is in place.
- Develop relationships with transporters and clients.
- Compile transport contracts using templates.
- Follow up trucks to determine accurate ETA.
- Good communication with clients keeping them informed about the status of the cargo.
- Build good relationships with loading and off-loading points and identify key role players at loading and off-loading points.
- Daily administration function – feed all load data into computer database; reconciliation of PODs and loading weights.
- Collecting of PODs
- Weekly planning of truck movements and stock delivery.
- Handling of client, transport and supplier related queries.
- After hours contact with all relevant parties, 7 days a week.
- Tertiary qualification in Logistics/ Logistics Management will be an advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Knowledge of transport market.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills. Well versed in e-mail etiquette and MS Outlook with good writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Analytical ability.
- Good attention to detail.
- Prepared to be available for cell phone queries and problem solving after office hours.
- Negotiating skills.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days