Head of Product and Solutions
The client is seeking an experienced Head of Product and Solutions, responsible for leading a team dedicated to generating shareholder value and creating attractive investment products and structured finance solutions through the development of customised financial markets and derivatives-based structured solutions. The incumbent will need financial engineering, structured finance and derivative structuring skills.
- Leverage specialist skills within the wider group of businesses to evaluate and assess the viability of opportunities;
- Consult with external counterparties or advisors to ensure any solution is appropriate given Sanlam’s risk appetite and seek advice where necessary
- Ensure that the optimal solution for the shareholder and customers is achieved consistently
- Coordinate the execution of solutions
- Manage and build a team of specialist product development, implementation and structuring specialists
- Ownership and ongoing risk management of products and structured solutions, including legal and regulatory risk and P&L
Education and Experience
- Preferred qualification CA(SA), CFA, Masters in Tax Law or similar
- At least 10-15 years of experience in structuring and balance sheet optimisation
- Appropriate Financial Degree with 10 to 12 years related experience.
- Problem Solving experience
- Issues Management experience
- Business Knowledge experience
- Business Analysis experience
- In depth exposure across asset classes
- Structuring experience in long term insurance or involving pension or similar long-dated liabilities
- Structuring experience in investment banking
- Derivative sales and structuring experience
- Experience in formulating and executing a strategy in a financial markets business
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days