Electronic Software Engineer
An international leading company is currently seeking the expertise of a talented and experienced Electronic Software Engineer to join their team in Cape Town.
This client is one of the world’s leading diamond companies, with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining and marketing of rough diamonds driving it forward. It’s a company with a rich history and a sparkling future – and they aim to enable all those they work with to live up to their full potential.
At this company, they prioritise creating a business and culture where every employee is safe, has equal opportunity, and is equipped and empowered to make a difference. Innovation and opportunity are the status quo in this business. They are invested in their people – in the personal growth, training and well-being of each staff member.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to develop useful skills in a widely-respected, internationally-known company.
This company is seeking the services of an R&D Electronic Software Engineer, to join their Managed Operations department. The responsibilities for this position are the development of bespoke geophysical, positioning and sonar-based visualization systems. The work is primarily focused on software development using C# to solve technically orientated industrial problems.
The work includes front-end application development, interface with instrumentation, signal and image processing, and 3D visualization. The electronic engineering aspects of the position are at a system level integrating sensors, positioning and communication hardware and not on low-level hardware/firmware development. The role involves a high degree of individual contribution and good application at both a practical as well as theoretical level
- Software application development in C#
- Remote sensing / 3D data visualization software development.
- Sub-sea positioning system development
- Data acquisition, data processing and visualization software development
- Analysis of business / technical problems
- Research and development activities related to the above
- Theoretical and practical acumen in electronics, software engineering, signal processing, image processing, and machine vision.
- Interest in machine learning and AI systems/development of autonomous systems.
- Medically fit to go to sea, and suitable to obtain a Namibian temporary work visa and restricted area permit (RAP).
- Innovative, natural problem-solving
Education and Experience
- BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computing and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics and Math or similar
- 5 – 8 years post qualification experience in a software development / electronic development position, coupled with proven R&D experience advantageous.
- Strong (Min 5years) development experience in C# in Visual studio.
- Working knowledge of SONAR, acoustic and inertial positioning systems
- Experience in working with electronic workshop tools and equipment.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.