An industry-leading client of ours is on the hunt for an innovative Civil Engineer to design, develop and construct a wide range of projects – from conception through to completion.
The client is a leading consulting engineering business, leading their tight-knit team for over 30 years with national recognition – having built a reputation for excellent and customer-first services. They offer a full range of consulting services within the civil and structural fields and are committed to fulfilling each client’s specific requirements within the ever-changing and dynamic market. Their sophisticated drawing office allows them to produce drawings and transfer information electronically to associated service providers in the industry, reducing the time spent on information coordination.
Team members have noted that there is good career development within the company, excellent work-life balance, and a wide variety of clients that provide a great experience and multinational exposure. The management takes its time when hiring and introducing any new hire, with diversity & equal opportunity being the first and most in their consideration when assessing future team members. The working environment is fast-paced and exciting, with a focus on encouraging all employees to bring their very best to every project.
The Civil Engineer will work in a fast-growing and dynamic field, contribute to healthy local economies and make a lasting positive impact on society. Important features of daily work include using software programs to design structural blueprints, adhering to relevant laws and environmental constraints, and visiting construction sites to monitor/assess project progress.
- Designing, draughting, managing, developing, creating and maintaining engineering projects
- Conducting on-site investigations and analyzing collected data (maps, reports, tests, drawings, etc)
- Assessing potential risks, materials and costs on each project
- Managing, designing, developing, creating and maintaining small-scale through to large-scale civil/structural projects in a safe, timely and sustainable manner
- Carrying out technical and feasibility studies, draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Providing advice and creatively resolving any emerging problems/deficiencies
- Overseeing and mentoring more junior staff and liaising with a variety of stakeholders
- Monitoring progress and compiling reports on project status
- Managing provided budget/s and purchasing or recommending equipment/materials
- Complying with guidelines and regulations including permits, SHEQ, etc and delivering technical files and other technical documentation as required
- Excellent project management and supervision skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leader, able to give and receive feedback
- Proactive and positive team member
- Technically competent
- Creative and innovative, in touch with the latest developments in the civil and consulting sector
- Fluent in English, second language/s advantageous
- Valid Driver’s Licence, own vehicle
Education and Experience
- BSc or BTech
- Minimum 5 years experience in a design office designing and drawing up building civil services
- Microsoft Office proficient, computer literate
- Proven working experience in civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualizations software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D or similar
- Proficiency in site layout, grading, utility design, erosion control, regulatory approvals etc
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.