Business Systems Analyst
A leading mining and heavy manufacturing company based in Gauteng is looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join their team of professionals and work directly on related projects
The role will be responsible for analysing the document system requirements based on changes to clients, users, interfaces, processes, data flows, constraints as well as non-functional requirements
The successful individual will be expected to translate business requirements into specifications used to create reports, dashboards, and analysis services, creation, optimization and improvement of business processes including, but not limited to information technology-related reports using tools such as SSRS, Power BI, and Business Objects for internal and external users.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of underlying data sources, data structures, and business use cases to ensure reports meet organizational and client needs.
- Analyze and document system requirements based on changes to clients /users, interfaces, processes, data flows, constraints as well as non-functional requirements
- Participate and lead in business analysis activities to gather required reporting, analytic, and dashboard requirements.
- Translate business requirements into specifications used to create reports, dashboards, and analysis services.
- Develop technical documentation for reports, including data sources, logic, processes, and limitations. Work with external developers to review requirements and application changes that will impact reports.
- Creation, optimization and improvement of business processes including, but not limited to information technology-related reports using tools such as SSRS, Power BI, and Business Objects for internal and external users.
- Provide technical support and assistance as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards, for both internal and external users.
- Lead teams in the conversion of reports to SSRS and Power BI reports and dashboards.
- Support the end-user community in the use of business intelligence tools to query databases and files for adhoc reports.
- Design and develop technical standards and quality control processes to ensure timely and accurate delivery of reports.
- Develop and ensure proper configuration and change management processes are in place for the enterprise reporting environment.
- Provide technical assistance and cross-training to team members.
- Knowledge of and experience with SSRS, Power BI, SQL,
- Knowledge of relational database systems, logical/physical data modelling
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS and FME Safe
- Knowledge and experience with GIS and spatial databases
- Knowledge and understanding of data security issues
- Understanding of development life cycles and change control processes.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and design user-friendly reports, dashboards, and visualizations for all audience levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Education & certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or similar field,
- Accounting knowledge would be advantageous,
- 5 years (s) of progressive experience in the analysis, design, development, documentation, and implementation of business intelligence best practices in an organization.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days