Anti-Money Laundering Regulatory Specialist
A leading insurance company is looking for an experienced Anti-Money Laundering Regulatory Specialist to join their team based in Johannesburg.
- Attend to FICA ad-hoc issues,i.e., KYC queries, reporting of cash transactions above threshold, suspicious transactions, section 27 requests and any other reports.
- Perform periodic reviews to ensure that all that CTR, STR and section 27 responses are accurate
- To perform AML functions on anon-going basis, including detection / reporting of suspicious transactions and activities
- Conduct reviews for the enhancement of the AML functions and perform AML risk assessment when required.
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures, policies and guidelines from an AML perspective.
- Developing, maintaining and embedding enhanced AML/CTF & Sanctions policies
- Report and escalate all AML compliance risks and issues arising from interaction with Divisions.
- Provide expert advice on various AML/CFT & Sanctions issues affecting designated divisions as a result of compliance obligations.
- Provide advice and guidance on AML/CTF & Sanctions related matters to the business.
- Issuing compliance alerts.
- Publishing documentation on the intranet.
- Drafting communication and advice for internal use.
- Providing advice to line management on AML, KYC and Due Diligence.
- Provide training and coaching to partners and intermediaries on relevant AML, KYC and Due Diligence updates.
- Conducts on-going review of High Risks Customers including accounts opened by Politically Exposed Persons.
- Make sure that projects and tasks are prioritized in recognition of the compliance risk that the divisions and the Group may be exposed to.
- Assist with coordinating and facilitating on site regulatory visits whenever requested. Prepare Information on relevant regulatory interaction as requested.
- To provide and end-to-end investigations of financial crime related incidents
- Financial Crime Risk awareness and training.
- Marketing and communications required for the FCRM function.
- Financial Crime vulnerability assessments, Combined Assurance Reviews and Financial Crime Risk Assessments.
- Degree in Legal / Business/IT/Risk Management/Forensics/Audit and/or equivalent tertiary qualification
- Minimum Five (five) years anti-money laundering experience (Insurance Industry – Preferable)
- Analytical skills
- Reporting skills
- Data Management skills
- Facilitation skills
- Financial skills
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework and the regulatory environment
- Presentation skills
- Report Writing
- Risk Management skills
- Effective communication skills
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days