Actuarial Systems Analyst
A leading Insurance Company is looking for an Actuarial Systems Analyst to join the team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and reliability of both the products and systems from an actuarial perspective. You will also be responsible for maintaining optimal system accuracy and performance from a functionality and values perspective.
- Oversee and controlling of the systems environment.
- Enhancement of control environment
- Give Valuation system support to various stakeholders.
- Development and testing of new products in the Actuarial system.
- Provide professional input and support to the Group.
- Support model development and analysis across a number of actuarial initiatives that impact functions such as liability and capital valuations, embedded value and business planning.
- Modify data processes (DCS or SQL) to maintain system integrations with model changes
- Technical adeptness of life insurance principles in conjunction with software(SQL and Excel)
- Ability to work on a wide range of deliverables at once.
- People Management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Conflict Management
- Experience designing and managing databases highly advantageous.
- Performance Management
- Ability to gather a wide range of information, filter and then use in making sound and balanced decisions
- A deep knowledge and experience systems thinking.
- High levels of energy, drive, creativity, and commitment
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in actuarial sciences
- Knowledgeable on the ASSA Code of Conduct
- Minimum 1-3 Years of Actuarial Experience in Systems
- Knowledge of Data and Model Management
- Life Insurance Experience (Preferable)
- Minimum of 4 Actuarial Exams (Life Contingencies & Models exams are advantageous)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days