An industry-leading company is currently looking for the expertise of an experienced Actuarial analyst to join their team in Johannesburg.
Our client is a diversified financial services group and is one of South Africa’s leading direct distributors of financial service products. Over the past 20 years, they have been successful in offering convenient and easy-to-understand financial services products to the public through various direct marketing and sales distribution channels. They have consistently been rated in the top 50 companies for sustainable growth and return on shareholder interests on the JSE. Their vision is to be South Africa’s most reliable and valued financial services partner.
This company has values that inform every aspect of its operations. They believe in respect – treating colleagues, clients and other stakeholders with respect, courtesy and fairness. They value customer excellence; focused on connecting with their clients in a professional, ethical and focused manner. Integrity, passion. and teamwork is a key pillar within their functions and is highly valued. Within this organisation, the incumbent will learn new things every day and sharpen their skills – this is an incredible opportunity to develop work experience and to become part of a vibrant, ambitious, dynamic and passionate team.
- Solvency Assessment and Management (SAM)
- Financial Reporting
- Data Buildups
- Single premium investment calculations
- Conduct of Business Returns report
- Reinsurance surveys
- Embedded Value calculations
- Analysis of Surplus
- Analysis of change in Embedded Value
- New business profitability analysis
- Experience investigations
- Automation projects
- Excellent numeracy
- Research and analytical ability
- Problem-solving ability
- A deep understanding of economics and legislation relating to financial services
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning
- Committed and professional
Education and Experience
- 3-7 years or more of Life insurance industry experience
- Excel proficient
- Experience with using actuarial modelling software such as Basys, Prophet or Moses, as well as experience with Qlikview, SQL and R programming will be advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days