A leading insurance company is on the look-out for an Actuarial Specialist to join their team in Gauteng.
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of actuarial management of a short-term insurer with a focus on pricing and product development. This will include business intelligence, underwriting and other ad-hoc commercial involvements. This is a broad, technical role with opportunities to develop in a range of directions.
- Collect data from various sources and assess the completeness and accuracy of the data
- Perform data analysis and advise on appropriate actions to be taken
- Perform detailed statistical investigations using specialised software
- Assist in the implementation of various products on the chosen LOB system across all regions
- Devise methods and strategies to implement and monitor underwriting controls across various regions
- Devise and monitor the success of rate making and renewal strategies
- Assist with the cross-population of skills and ways of work that could find purpose in wider application
- Build and maintain good working relationships with management across various regions
- Ensure adherence to escalation procedures and mandates on system
- Design and develop products and processes that would suit the opportunities identified
- Develop and manage a spectrum of partners that MMI could leverage off in designing the solutions to various identified opportunities
- Experience in short-term insurance
- Basic programming skills (advantageous)
Education & certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Sciences, Science, Finance Commerce or Business Sciences with good exemption progress
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days