A large independent actuarial consultancy firm who is on the look-out for an Actuarial Manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
You would be joining the General Insurance team and work on a 140+ clients across 22 countries. The team is highly motivated, and the company encourages flexibility, diversity, and inclusivity. They are agile and encourage entrepreneurial thinking
- Calculating technical provisions including IBNR, UPR, AURR etc. based on IFRS 4 and IFRS 17.
- Capital modelling including determining the SAM SCR, as well as capital requirements in other jurisdictions.
- Product pricing and design, including working with GLMs.
- Supporting IFRS 17 implementation projects
- Reinsurance reviews and optimisation, Asset liability modelling and other work to provide technical advice to clients across Africa.
- Producing reports, reviews and analyses and on all areas of short-term actuarial services.
- Experience with SAM, ORSA’s, valuations and solvency calculations will be beneficial.
- Experience with IFRS 17 will be beneficial.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated.
- Strong actuarial technical skills.
- 3 – 8 years’ general insurance experience preferred
Education & certificates:
- Good progress with exams or qualified.
- Relevant actuarial degree
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days