A well-established company is currently seeking a skilled and talented Account Manager to join their team in Cape Town.
This client is a provider of smart sustainable solutions for cleaning and hygiene, through the integration of new technology-enabled services and systems. They consider it their purpose is to protect and care for people every day, and constantly seek to deliver revolutionary cleaning and hygiene technologies that provide total confidence to customers across all their global sectors. These include: facility management, health care, hospitality, retail and food service; in addition to food and beverage. They are a provider of cleaning, sanitation and maintenance products, systems and services that efficiently integrate chemicals, machines and sustainability programs. Everything they do is based on the implicit belief that cleaning and hygiene are life essentials, and that what they undertake constitutes a vital service.
Employees have noted that at this organisation, there are great opportunities to grow and allow one to excel. Everyone works together across departments, in order to pull together for one goal. Even with daily challenges, there is always some one to assist and help, as the company attracts skilled and talented staff. There is a high level of organization and efficiency in terms of protocols and systems pertaining to employees.
This specific role falls under the Food and Beverage division. The Account Manager position will be primarily focused on management and servicing of an existing account, ensuring that all service level agreements are maintained with the account. This is a direct, customer-facing sales role with responsibility to retain existing revenues and close new revenue opportunities for both new and existing applications. A successful applicant will report to the Sector Lead, Brewing and Beverage.
- Effectively provide account management and ongoing service, support, and sales development to the assigned account/s.
- Liaise with Technical Support, Customer Service, Quality, Supply Chain and Engineering to ensure appropriate service support for the site.
- Consult with the Sales Director and Sector Lead to ensure account management support as negotiated and agreed, is fully met.
- Monitor site activities, including all operations that utilise Diversey products.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders on the customer side.
- Ensure reports and other tracking mechanisms are in place and data is accurately recorded and presented to the customer Management team.
- Consult with the Regional/Global Application Experts ensuring gaps are closed through the implementation of application practices and procedures.
- Attend regular calls with the Global Account Management Team ensuring compliance matters are fully addressed on site.
- Manage on site staff compliment ensuring all incumbents adhere to customer and company policies and procedures. Hold disciplinary enquiries when required.
- Take full responsibility for Operators and Technicians’ behaviours including target setting, KPI monitoring and reporting to the customer management team.
- Conduct performance reviews of staff based at the relevant sites and set goals and KPIs in line with customer and /or contract requirements.
- Management of team through regular meetings and on-site discussions.
- Intentionally and effectively train members on your team to ensure growth and business continuity.
- Able to recognize & develop new business opportunities in new and existing accounts
- Excellent communication skills- verbal and written skills
- Clear understanding and confidence to analyse and interpret numerical data
- High level of relationship management
- Able to adopt a customer-centric approach
- Works in an organized, structured and well- planned manner to ensure effective time management
- High levels of motivation and self‐discipline
- Excellent PC skills, including use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage a team
Education and Experience
- 3-4 year degree from a certified University in microbiology, food science, chemistry, engineering, or degree supportive of this role
- Minimum 3 years of successful experience in food or beverage industry (sales or sales account management preferred), plant management, processing, quality assurance, or other relevant role.
- Experience in field sales, customer marketing, and/or category management, in addition to knowledge of working with key or strategic accounts.
- Current Driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel
- Understanding of hygiene and cleaning practices, equipment and products
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.