Vice President: Commercial
A leading mining company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Vice President: Commercials to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Formulate and give direction on the business strategy with an emphasis on Commercial aspects.
- Responsible for identifying the market opportunities, and designing and updating the sales process to ensure a proper setup to achieve commercial targets.
- Define the Commercial Function planning and key deliverables execution processes.
- Define the strategic framework underpinning the initiatives to elicit the future vision, goals, and high-level business objectives.
- Develop the Commercial; Sales & Marketing; and Procurement business case in partnership with Divisional Executives; the CEO and the Board.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Accountable for oversight role in facilitation and coordination of overall activities of Commercial Function, such as import of commodities and export processes.
- Have knowledge of applicable customs duties and taxes on imports and exports.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities.
- Review market target research and assess the areas that a company should focus on for further development.
- Socialise and enhance commercial awareness and culture across the organisation. Develop and implement the sales and marketing strategy, and delegating tasks to their team and play the support and oversight role.
- Represent and champion the company’s brand and drive strategies to increase product awareness by observing the market, competitors, and industry trends.
- Delegate and coordinate the procurement tasks to the relevant team members.
- Support and guide the supplier performance evaluation processes.
- Provide strategic leadership towards inclusive procurement and host communities empowerment in line with Social Plans, as well as BBBEE regulations.
- Enhance third-party risk management capabilities.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree qualification or equivalent.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field, or Master in Business Administration.
- Management and Leadership Development Programme will be an added advantage
- Entrepreneurial mindset and great leadership skills.
- The ideal candidate will also be a creative strategist with excellent organizational abilities.
- Ability to understand what makes a business or organisation successful, through either buying or selling products or supplying services to a market.
- Have profit-making and trading value-add as a primary aim and objective.
- Foster relationships and engagement with clients to promote and sell the company’s products.
- A businessman with courage, perseverance and a go-getter spirit.
- Commercial awareness, learn about how your organization operates and how it makes money.
- Stay on top of industry news and events and use social networking sites to reach out to other professionals in the Commercial sector.
- The ideal candidate will be optimally skilled to provide oversight and direction on shipment schedule, finances and pricing management activities respectively.
- Support the Bid & Pre-Sales teams with timely and accurate vendor technology and pricing information and strategic insights.
- Illustrate an understanding of market trends, the business, competitors, and their products.
- Extensive work experience in the Commercial; Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain functions.
- Knowledge and application on completion of a good amount of research on the sector, and how the product utilisation can be expanded.
- Strong communication, sales-pitch, customer-oriented and research skills.
- Ability and experience in building and managing strong teams, as well as in remote/virtual work environments.
- Have a driver’s licence and be able to travel locally, regionally and internationally.
- Must display a high level of initiative and be proactive.
- Strong knowledge and application of legal and regulatory aspects relevant to Commercial and Procurement functions.
- Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and to use initiative and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise and have good organisational skills.
- Must be able to always handle and maintain confidentially, particularly around the Company’s trade secrets and competitive edge.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days