A Giant in the Retail Industry is looking for a Technical Accountant to join their team in Cape Town.
In this role, you would participate and support the Group in all activities connected to IFRS 16, IFRS 2 and other technical areas such as impairments, new accounting standards, and financial statements, are implemented consistently across the Group etc. Assisting with group reporting team with monthly and consolidation processes as well as ongoing projects.
- Responsible for the IFRS 16 property accounting, both at transactional and reporting levels.
- Processing valuation transactions on SAP RE-FX for any lease administration events that require IFRS 16 accounting.
- On a monthly basis, reconciling the RE-FX IFRS 16 clearing, liability, asset accounts and income statement accounts and resolving any differences.
- On-the-job coaching and training for the lease administration team to prevent common mistakes that impact lease accounting.
- Perform/review complex IFRS 2 calculations and post-related journal entries.
- Review IFRS2 transactions before posting into SAP.
- Perform IFRS2 and treasury share reconciliations.
- Assist in reviewing bank reconciliations.
- Preparing the monthly, half yearly and yearly information required for financial reporting and loading the information on BPC.
- Assist with the preparation of Group monthly deliverables (including consolidation) as well as the month end close process and provide additional supporting analysis.
- Assisting with group reporting team with monthly and consolidation processes as well as ongoing projects.
- Apply reasonability checks and analysis to monthly reconciliations for all entities.
- Providing audit deliverables and assisting with the audit process to ensure a smooth audit.
- Assist with the monthly forecasting, budget and reporting process as a back-up role if required
- Provide support on IFRS matters, disclosure items, new accounting standards and technical account matters
- Assist with Group projects and ensure these have been accurately implemented as well as reported.
- Prepare impairment calculations for fixed assets and IFRS 16 right-of-use assets.
- Stakeholder Relationships
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP RE (advantage)
- 2-4 years post qualification and accounting experience (advantage)
- Retail experience (advantage)
- Excellent statutory and reporting standards and regulations knowledge (required)
- CA (SA)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days