One of our industry-leading clients is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced and talented Stormwater Engineer to join their team.
- Minimum Tertiary Qualification (B Eng or B Tech)
- ECSA Professional Registration (advantageous)
- 5 – 7 years experience with specific Stormwater Analysis, Assessment and Design experience as a pre-requisite.
- Experience in both greenfield and brownfield projects
- GCC2015, SABS1200 & COLTO
- Experience of Quality assurance when conducting site inspections and adherence to local authority standards
- Knowledge and experience in working with AutoCAD, Civil Designer Software and / or Civil3D
- Knowledge of cost estimating of different design development options
- Experience in using the latest software and technologies to develop effective designs.
- Experience with and knowledge of ISO quality requirements.
- Stormwater Management Planning: The Stormwater Engineer shall conduct stormwater management planning for developments, using the PCSWMM software package. This shall incorporate all aspects needed to produce the deliverables, including hydrological calculations, hydraulic model compilation and calibration / verification, conceptual earthworks modelling and drafting in AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Flood line Estimation: The Stormwater Engineer shall conduct flood line studies utilizing primarily the HEC-RAS 1-D software package. PCSWMM 2-D and HEC-RAS 2-D hydraulic modelling would be an advantage.
- Tender Documentation and Schedule of Quantity Compilation: The Stormwater Engineer shall be required to help in the compilation of tender documentation related to stormwater infrastructure, and compile Schedules of Quantity.
- Reporting Function: Prepare and present technical reports including services reports and tender evaluation reports
- Draft Designs: The Civil Design Engineer drafts both 2D and 3D designs of piping systems, utilities, roadways, and other infrastructure systems for proposed municipal civil services’ projects.
- Read Plans: The Civil Design Engineer interprets civil engineering drawings and building plans to determine where to place utility and piping systems.
- Study Maps: The Civil Design Engineer reads maps and land surveys to note land grading, nearby structures, and other factors that could affect the placement of piping and utility systems.
- Follow Coding Regulations: The Civil Design Engineer adheres to city, county, and other laws regarding design and building code requirements and submit proposed design plans to governments for approval. Civil designers are responsible for staying up to date on local standards to ensure that designs stay within legal parameters and that proper working permits / wayleaves are obtained for proposed municipal civil services’ projects
- Review Designs: The Civil Design Engineer reviews sketches and drawings of proposed designs to ensure that all standards are being followed and plans are accurate.
- Document Management: Knowledge of Document Management for Drawings and Documents including reports, tenders, and contracts. Contract administration in the form taking site meeting minutes, and reviewing of construction programs
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Engineers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days