Software developer and out-the-box thinker sought by a leading financial services client to develop, improve and optimise medium-to-complex solutions and the performance of its existing systems.
The client company is a professional, solutions-orientated, innovative business in the financial sector that prides itself on operating with accountability and integrity. They provide exceptional service to insurers and brokers via building a team of motivated and enthusiastic people, all working together to grow their market share within South Africa.
In this role, the Software developer would learn how to work both individually and with teams, and how to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Employees have recommended the company for its good reputation in the industry, focus on skills development, opportunities for learning and the opportunity to work with highly-skilled people.
- Providing guidance in troubleshooting root-cause errors
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members to achieve their goals.
- Taking part in the design workshops of the database and software.
- Staying up-to-date with technology trends, investigating solutions and making appropriate recommendations;
- Writing software according to business requirements specifications, processes and standards;
- Performing unit testing and hand over completed software for further testing, within agreed timeframes;
- Being responsible for all aspects of the application development project life cycle;
- Developing and maintaining a modern software application architecture roadmap that supports an evolving enterprise innovation platform;
- Defining and Maintaining Application/Data/Security Architecture Principles and Policies;
- Updating system documentation
Education and Experience
- Strong programming aptitude and software design skills
- BTech IT or Informatics OR Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in-depth programming experience with C# .NET
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Good knowledge of REACT.js
- In-depth knowledge of XML and web services
- Exposure to the financial services industry, specifically short-term insurance, advantageous
- Additional qualifications in IT-related fields, including programming and database design, and MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer) advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.