A leading logistics company situated in Gauteng is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced SHEQ Officer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation concerning Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Ensure that all site’s critical SHEQ inspections are conducted, maintained, up to date and filed correctly.
- Investigate, manage and ensure that preventive measures are in place for incidents and accidents.
- Drive SHEQ awareness on sites using toolbox talks, safety awareness campaigns, and visual safety management.
- Ensure that SHEQ risk assessments and legal appointments are in place, maintained and filed correctly.
- Ensure that the sites comply with Imperial CLDC SHEQ requirements, BATSA requirements as well as other requirements.
- Ensure that all SHEQ filing is up to date and easily retrievable during audits.
- Compile monthly safety and sustainability reports for the sites.
- Ensure that Imperial meets HSE and Transport safety requirements
- Improve HSE culture by constant engagement on HSE matters with staff.
- Degree in Safety Management or equivalent
- SAMTRAC/NADSAM or equivalent qualification is advantageous
- License Code 8
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in SHEQ and a working knowledge of the logistics industry
- Candidate with previous experience in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, RTMS, and ISO 9001 protocols is advantageous.
- Experience in a dynamic, high-volume operating environment.
- Employee Relations and Conflict Management skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures, Requirements and Legislation.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days