A leading chemical manufacturing company situated in KwaZulu-Natal is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced SHE Officer to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Maintain, implement, and update IMS policies and procedures.
- Ensure that Operations review SOPSs relevant to tasks.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Identify and control of workplace hazards by demonstrating continuous visual presence across the site.
- Ensuring work activities are compliant with internal and external standards.
- Lead incident investigations, coordinate safety talks and mentor safety reps.
- Coordinates risk assessments.
- Emergency planning.
- PSM work.
- Assist to ensure that legal requirements are maintained and all statutory appointments in place.
- Track action trackers.
- Ensure monitoring schedules are updated.
- Oversee the management of waste generation and disposal for the site.
REPORTS AND ADMINISTRATION
- Coordinate and perform internal SHE training programs.
- Update and Maintain all SHE records.
- COID claim management.
- Bachelor’s degree in SHE Discipline, NDSAM, Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualification would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years full time SHE Officer experience in a complex Chemical manufacturing MHI environment.
- Solid understanding of SHE systems, MHI, ISO and PSM, Communication, Incident investigation, Fire Safety, attention to detail, commitment, flexibility, positive and passionate attitude.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days
About Hire Resolve