Senior Java Developer
A client of ours is currently seeking the expertise of an experienced and highly talented Senior Java Developer to join their team.
Our client seeking a Senior Java Developer is a leading provider of specialised software and digitally-led business solutions, which assist clients across targeted industries to achieve more.
Skills development is a critical aspect of the client’s business continuity to maintain continuous development of skills while uplifting the communities in which it operates, by creating skills development opportunities like leadership and bursary programmes. Fellow employees are willing to share knowledge and teach, and a successful applicant will benefit from working and learning from some of the thought leaders in the national development space. There is a focus on inclusivity and belonging, and the company is part of a global group so team members benefit from international exposure and networks.
The client is seeking an experienced information technology professional to join their development team as a Senior Java Developer, forming part of the USSD Domain team and will be responsible for the ongoing Development of the Application and Solution. The incumbent will be joining a very busy environment, and continuous delivery is expected with deployments to production usually four times per week. They will also be expected to provide 3rd level of product support and will be expected to perform a standby function.
- Develop CRs/ projects/Production fixes unassisted and ensure code is accurate with minimum defects.
- Complete Technical Assessments (TAs) for Change Requests
- Guiding and assisting junior developers.
- Provide 3rd-level product support.
- Supporting current projects timeously during UAT testing.
- Be present in Code Reviews.
- Communicate effectively and clearly with the PM and the other team members.
- Communicating and giving feedback to all relevant parties.
- Attending all knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Attend to system security when required
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to improve efficiency.
- Completing weekly Timesheet
- Attending Udemy training courses
- Be able to work under pressure
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Able to learn quickly and work independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Work with other developers and assist junior team members
- Meticulous at both analysis and execution
- Take on ownership of large projects in a very dynamic and adaptive environment
- Passionate, professional, creative
Education and Experience
- A tertiary Engineering or Computer Science degree.
- 6+ years experience as a software developer.
- A high degree of interest/experience in Linux.
- Full-stack developer, back-end, or front-end
- For back-end: Go (preferred) and/or Java and/or C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, SOAP, HTTP, XML, RADIUS, Diameter,
- Database engines and technologies such as MariaDB / MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Web servers such as NGINX, and Apache.
- Messaging bus technologies such as NATS, and REDIS.
- Groovy Scripting experience and experience using Microservices
- Containerization technologies (Docker), virtualization technologies, and Cloud environments – advantageous
- Design of scalable, highly resilient, and high throughput software and systems – advantageous
- Telecommunications standards and protocols – advantageous
- Linux system administration (RedHat/Centos, Apache/NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, Bash Scripting,
Python) – advantageous
- Telecommunications technologies (SS7, SIGTRAN, MTP, SCCP, TCAP, MAP, CAP, etc) – advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.