A client of ours is looking for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Developer to join their team in Johannesburg.
Our client is a Legal Tech company that has been building technology solutions for the legal community since the 1980s. With more than eighty professionals across specialist areas, they develop technological solutions for practising lawyers in legal practices, in-house legal teams, and operational professionals dealing with contract management. They provide fully integrated Practice Management, Legal Accounting and Debt Collection software to a portfolio of leading clients and successful individuals.
The development team is at the core of this business’s success. A successful incumbent can look forward to a fast-paced and challenging environment where skills and experience are shared freely and towards the success of the overarching goal – this business has nurtured a culture of operational excellence.
This role includes being responsible for designing, testing, and implementing new and updated software programs. The incumbent will take on a managerial role and lead the development team with all software development tasks. Their job will be to ensure all projects are completed on time and to company specifications. This role is a hybrid position, requiring a mix of office and remote working.
- Developing desktop applications with supporting web applications
- Future web application development
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Mentoring, checking and training junior developers
- Keeping the team to the deadline, managing workloads and allocating resources
- Joining and leading team meetings
- Creating and presenting success reports on a weekly/monthly basis
- Testing out and implementing new efficiency strategies, innovating processes at every possible level
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Time management and self-management
- Problem Solver
- Excellence/Quality Orientation
- Investigative orientation
Education and Experience
- BSC Computer Science/IT or similar
- Minimum 5 years of solid software development experience
- NQF Alignment
- Experience in developing and enhancement of software
- General Accounting knowledge advantageous
- Development Life Cycle
- Team Foundation Server
- C# (Desktop/Web)
- MS SQL
- Crystal Reports
- Windows Services
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.