Senior Business Analyst
An industry-leading insurance company is currently looking for the expertise of an experienced and capable Senior Business Analyst to join their team in Pretoria.
Our client is a leading insurance company in South Africa providing award-winning financial services, products and advice. Their financial solutions are widely embraced and trusted by millions of people across their core market in Africa and increasingly the rest of the world. This company provides long- and short-term insurance, asset management services, investments and savings, healthcare administration, health risk management, employee benefits and a wellness and rewards programme.
This company is a place where people strive to impact lives and contribute to making the aspirations of others a reality. They believe there is power in the possibility of what can be achieved when all put their minds to it. Their people are the heart of their business – and the company values of accountability, diversity, excellence, innovation, integrity and teamwork are consistently applied and upheld along all organisational levels. Their benefits package is extensive and beyond industry standards.
The Senior Business Analyst will perform detailed analysis, document processes and perform user acceptance testing to support development of innovative solutions to enable business objectives.
- Gather and interpret requirements from key stakeholders/customers in line with business analysis frameworks
- Contribute to translating the business goals into design in line with systems architecture
- Ensure the quality delivery of requirements and business process specifications that meet the agreed deliverables in line with best practices and business process
- Collaborate closely with solutions teams and a variety of end-users to ensure requirements compatibility and end user satisfaction
- Participate in user acceptance testing and guide users to ensure that the designed solution ultimately meets business requirements
- Collaborate with various business areas and teams to ensure integration and consistency of solutions across business
- Keep abreast of latest IT trends and practices to optimise service offering and minimise risk.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effective and consistent service delivery and support to all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that expectations are managed
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional service
- Continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance internal service delivery
- Manage stakeholder query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes
- Effectively manage your performance within the team to ensure business objectives are achieved
- Be and encourage innovation, change agility and collaboration within the team
- Manage own performance and development by ensuring performance contract plan in place
- Live the company values and team philosophy
- Presentation skills; ability to present to audiences at all levels using different media.
- Engage with audience; obtain requirements; obtain buy-in for the concept/proposal.
- Ability to converse comfortably with the technical teams and gather more information if required.
- Communication skills both in a 1-to-1 and larger group setting
- Strong documentation skills (Business writing skills, Use case documentation, modelling skills (i.e., MS Visio etc).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills: Seek information from a wide range of sources, critically evaluate, test hypothesis.
- Differentiate between urgent and non-urgent, important and unimportant according to formal prioritisation lists.
- Master the 80/20 rule to prevent analysis paralysis, clearly articulate the risks and identify and manage the risk mitigation plans.
- Manages self and relationships with others effectively and provides perspective in difficult situations.
- Planning and organising skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking
Education and Experience
- Information Technology or related tertiary qualification
- Relevant Business Analysis qualification/certification
- 7+ years’ experience in business analysis
- Proven experience in implementation of large projects
- Exposure to/experience in the Short-term Insurance industry will be an advantage
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.