A leading cosmetics company situated in Cape Town is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced Regulatory Chemist to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Formulate and facilitate development of innovative cosmetics products.
- Provide updates on R&D progress and insights. Be involved in project team decisions.
- Create and maintain all of the necessary documentation in order to develop and commercialize the products (i.e. lab notebooks, specifications, technical test methods/data, etc.).
- Conduct testing for all products developed (efficacy, stability, etc.).
- Must be able to follow Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Must be hands-on in the laboratory and have experience with the operation of basic lab equipment.
- Develop and maintain SOPs.
- Work with production to help transition the formulations to full scale manufacturing, including support during plant trials or start of production.
- Support current brand business, including maintaining current products in market.
- Identify solutions for manufacturing issues, qualify alternate source raw materials for purchasing, and identify ways to reduce product costs.
- Proactively research new concepts, materials and technical opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (cosmetic chemistry, chemistry, biological sciences or chemical engineering preferred), Masters also desired.
- 5 years relevant experience.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days