Quants Risk Analyst
An insurance company that has a particular interest in emerging markets in Africa is looking for a Quants Risk Analyst based in Centurion, Gauteng.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Head of Risk in developing and maintaining an effective risk management framework for the Company that includes Enterprise Risk Management, Model development and validations, and investment portfolio risk assessment and reporting, coordinate the ORSA process and reporting process.
- Responsible for data collection for ERM purposes
- Responsible for identification, development, and maintenance of key risk indicators
- Contribute to the development of an appropriate risk monitoring program for the Company’s investment portfolio activities.
- Responsible for executing the risk monitoring program for the Company’s investment portfolio activities.
- Contribute towards the analysis of stress test results and formulation of recommendations to Executive Management and the Board
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of effective processes and procedures for the validation of the ALM, Premium Pricing, Reserving Model and Economic Capital model.
- Develop a model to independently establish a forward-looking assessment of the risk profile and financial position of the Corporation, including the conducting of regular stress testing and scenario analyses as defined in GOI 3.1 (Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA) for Insurers), against the risk appetite and risk limits of the Corporation.
- Honours degree in Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Finance,
- Engineering or Mathematics is a requirement.
- At least 5 years’ experience in market risk, stress testing, PD and LGD credit models, loss forecasting and economic capital.
- Experience in regulatory capital, economic capital, and capital adequacy assessment.
- Familiarity with ORSA and/or ICAAP
- Relevant independent research project or thesis is beneficial.
- Completion of or progression in FRM, CFA or Actuary is beneficial.
Salary: R600 000 p/a
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days