A leading food manufacturing company situated in the Western Cape is urgently seeking the expertise of an experienced QA Manager to join their team.
The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible for:
- Supervise QC and QA analysts.
- Ensure equipment is services and calibrated.
- Ensure analysts are trained and competent to perform testing.
- Conduct training when required on testing to analysts.
- Report noncomplying results to technical manager.
- Ensure lab consumable supply is sufficient to ensure no stoppage in testing.
- Test results must be available efficiently without unnecessary delays.
- Benchmark the best practices of ISO 17025 when managing laboratory functions at all times e.g. method validations.
- To ensure the efficient and effective evaluation and release of final products and raw materials.
- Approval of pre-shipment and buyers samples.
- Work with SQA to ensure supplier and raw material risk registers are kept up to date.
- Manage noncompliance by suppliers working with SQA, including issuing of NCRs.
- Ensure all raw materials accepted for manufacturing meets the specification for that raw material.
- Up date testing parameters and testing to ensure appropriate tests are done on raw materials as part of quality assurance of raw materials.
- Ensure raw material samples are taken correctly to aid testing accuracy.
- Liaise with external labs to source testing where accreditation of test results is required.
- Assist product development at times regarding raw material queries and testing.
- Assist in identification of expired stock, extensions where necessary and disposal when needed.
- Arrange for samples to be taken from operations on final product for testing.
- Ensure accuracy of testing.
- Reject nonconforming product.
- Assist with root cause investigation of nonconforming stock.
- Release of final product.
- Issue COAs and concessions.
- Assist with customer complaints and investigations.
- Background in Testing Laboratory
- Tertiary qualification: B. Tech Food Technology /Food Science
- Experience in the Food Manufacturing
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a Laboratory Quality Program
- Computer literate ( MS Office, Syspro 7,)
- Sound report writing & presentation skills
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days