A client of ours currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented PHP Developer to join their team in Pretoria & Johannesburg.
Our client is an Africa-based FinTech company that enables safe, affordable, reliable financial services to underserved communities. With over 40 million cross-border transactions over the last decade, they are one of Africa’s largest remittances-led FinTech companies. Their remittance service offers customers the opportunity to send money to their relatives or friends. Additionally, they offer critical customer services such as funeral cover, a Money Card and payment solutions for businesses in emerging markets. Their business operations are agile, use scrum, continuous integration and continuous delivery and deploy to production daily.
Within this company, employees have especially noted the caring and supportive working culture. Management cares for their staff, and team members are treated as valuable assets. They have built an environment that encourages learning and growth, and although fast-paced, there is plenty of support available to those who communicate their requirements and needs well.
The successful applicant will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, support and deliver new features. Their engineering teams are divided into 4 domains (core business functions). Each domain has a Head of Product, Engineering Lead, Scrum Master and multiple development teams. Each development team has a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Team Lead, Test Analyst and Software Engineer (between 2 and 4 engineers per team).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, support and deliver new features
- Conduct and assist with troubleshooting and debugging solutions
- Ensure that solutions are by team standards and initial requirements
- Actively participate in team code reviews, which helps us grow and improve code-quality
- Contribute towards internal knowledge-sharing sessions on developed solutions and best practices
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels
- Ability to work remote as and when needed, with own reliable internet connection
Education and Experience
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Relevant IT degree or diploma (Desirable)
- 4+ years’ experience working as a Software Engineer/Developer
- Strong PHP background & working experience with PHP 7.2 or greater
- Experience in PHP frameworks & related open-source technologies
- Database management experience (data migration, transformation, and scripting)
- Experience with modern Git workflows (Pull Requests, Code Reviews, CI/CD), Agile Software Development Methodologies such as Scrum/Kanban
- Ability to build, test, and deploy applications using Docker
- Applied understanding of design patterns, web application architecture and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and RESTful API services and Cloud Technologies (AWS etc.)
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.