An industry-leading company is looking for a curious, innovative Mobile Developer to join their development team in Gauteng. A successful applicant will be responsible for all items of Android/iOS/Windows mobile development, from initial strategy to final release and troubleshooting.
The client is a leader in quality solutions for the management of returnable rental packaging. They are proud of their dynamic IT division, which is geared towards enabling the best combination of hardware and software ensuring that customers/clients will always be utilising the latest technology. Their primary business involves “Innovation through Collaboration” – between their clients and project managers, between management and staff, and within each team.
The company has been described by employees as a close-knit family-style business, growing by leaps and bounds every year – there is a huge opportunity to grow, based on one’s commitment and personal discipline. There is lots of room for implementing individual creativity, and the working conditions are extolled as excellent.
- Design and develop mobile applications using Android best practices and frameworks.
- Monitor the entire application development lifecycle (design, test, support, and release)
- Add and optimise features as per specifications
- Make and prepare releases of dynamic application components
- Create cross-platform applications for Android, iOS, Windows, etc.
- Work on software analysis, optimisation, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Build interfaces to improve UX
- Present findings to software development and business user teams
- Naturally curious
- Has a good understanding of the software development process
- Good communications skills
- Able to work in a team and as an individual
- Good presentation skills
- Problem solver
- Comfortable with working on multiple projects at one time
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Education and Experience
- Matric/Grade 12
- A National Diploma IT or equivalent
- 5+ years overall experience in software development
- 3+ years of Android applications development
- 3+ years Android Studio and SDK Tools
- 2+ years publishing application to the Google Play store
- Fluent in Java, SQLite, Web Services & RESTful APIs
- Experienced Cross-platform Mobile application development for iOS, Window CE, Windows Mobile
- Experienced in Querying Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Fluent in C#, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Familiar with development methodologies
- Worked with Team Foundation Server or similar ticketing systems
- Comfortable working in Agile method
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.