A mining company is on the look-out for a Management Accountant to join their team in Gauteng.
In this role, you will oversee the Management Accounting function and provide expertise to ensure that all goals are achieved, and strategic direction is provided to drive performance excellence and strong governance focus to manage the Management information and analysis.
- Drive, contribute and review longer term scenario planning and use knowledge and experience to provide cost trends, what if scenarios and assumptions.
- Review production, labour, and various financial data sets to confirm accuracy and early identify trends and corrective action requirements and influence decision making.
- Continually scan operating environment and propose and implement stronger governance and control measures to mitigate risk.
- Work with business to provide input and finalise short and medium term cash forecasts and contribute to preparation and management of financial outcomes of the LOM, MWP, 3 year plan, 1 year plan and Monthly Forecast.
- Responsible for the generation of cost saving ideas.
- Provide accounting expertise and skills to the operation; advising on accounting solutions to enhance or ensure the effectiveness of the operation.
- Provide necessary leadership to the sub-function that will ensure finance processes are understood, valued, and adhered to.
- Drive initiatives as appropriate to improve work practices and procedures. Review and approve master data change requests.
- Lead and support any necessary commercial decision making using scenario analysis and dashboards.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders on Management Accounting related matters and support the operation on Management Accounting related engagement.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the operation.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines, and schedules.
- Ensure implementation of all financial reporting processes by driving a strong compliance framework. Manage the service levels for Finance Reporting for new/changed/ decommissioned reports.
- Monitor and evaluate performance against established strategies, frameworks, systems, and programme, and identify and advise on opportunities for improvement to provide assurance to the Manager: Finance.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial data at Operation level (including internal cost and capital data) and provision of information to enable effective decision making.
- Review and communicate the analysis of operational KPI’s, metrics and other key analytical data highlighting significant performance issues to senior management.
- Supervise the Internal Reporting, Capital Reporting and Cost Reporting processes; Support senior management in decision making by analysing and presenting critical financial and management reports at Operation level.
- Model behaviour that is consistent with the Company Vision, Values and Code of Ethical Conduct
- Ensure Requisite Management Leadership practices.
- Drive organizational values that affect the company’s relationship with its employees.
- A minimum of 5 years financial experience in a mining accounting environment.
- Computer proficiency and Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced Excel).
- Knowledge and skill with regards to financial accounting standards, practices, tax directives and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in risk management principles and practices.
- Strong commercial and financial knowledge and understanding of internal financial controls.
- Knowledge and skill with regards to financial accounting standards, practices and legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in budgeting, forecasting and capital expenditure.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill as a commercially astute, business minded, operationally oriented individual of superior intelligence who is profit driven with bottom line awareness.
- Exposure to Hyperion Essbase
- 3 years’ experience at a supervisory level
- Auditing/ Accounting/ Management Accounting systems experience (AccPac and Essbase Advantageous)
Education & certificates:
- BCom Degree Accounting OR BTech Degree Cost Management Accounting OR CIMA qualification
- Management Development Programme (MDP) or equivalent advantageous
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days