Junior Management Accountant
A leading insurance company is looking for a Junior Management Accountant to join their team in Johannesburg.
- To process LOB automated Journals to the General Ledger by working day 2nd of the month (T+2) of accounting reporting
- To process cashbook journals to the General Ledger
- Checking and confirm correct GL accounts mapping on FTI file for automated cashbooks on weekly basis.
- Logging Jira calls for errors picked in the journal process and from LOB Policy reports.
- Preparation and processing of manual monthly journals to General Ledger by T+3 of accounting reporting including Fees, Outstanding Claims (OCR), Premium Advance Journals
- Prepare balance sheet recons Premium debtors, premium advance, Internal payment, Suspense account, Outstanding claims recon.
- Testing for fixes applied by IT on LOB transactions.
- Reconcile CBR report to LOB policy level report.
- Releasing payments on Banking system
- Monitoring payments on Banking system
- Attending to queries and Adhoc request
- BCom Accounting or similar (Majoring in Accounting)
- Experience working within Finance Operations and Insurance
- Experience with Policy Accounting
- Experience dealing with Policy accounts mapping & Reconciliation process.
- Ability to work with different work streams and drive the financial reporting process.
- Proficient in MS Office (Advanced is preferable)
- Knowledge of advanced excel formulas.
- Knowledge of Functioning of policy administration process.
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to Financialcareers@hireresolve.za.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days