Full Stack Developer
This client is looking for an experienced and innovative Full Stack Developer, to join their talented development team. The position is full-time and can be remote or office-based in Johannesburg.
Our client is a software service provider in the transport and travel industry. Through their subscription product offering, they have made the process of searching, comparing and booking the transport of their customers as simple as possible. They compare thousands of providers from all over the world to help their users make the right choice. They provide global coverage across thousands of destinations worldwide ensuring customers can find the specific route they’re looking for quickly and accurately.
A successful applicant can look forward to joining an incredible team. There is a massive opportunity to grow and develop one’s skills in this business. To thrive, the incumbent would need to be a self-starter and proactive. Due to the considerable size of the company, employees are exposed to many different departments and management levels, which is invaluable when it comes to developing professionally. Team members are provided with a great deal of autonomy, but with check-ins and communication.
- Strong professional experience with NodeJs.
- Proven experience using and implementing application logging, telemetry and testing modules
- Mindset towards writing own unit and feature tests.
- Experience working with Headless architecture to develop frontend applications.
- Strong database competency and proven experience in using SQL and NoSQL databases in production.
- Good knowledge of Source control and CI/CD – knowledge of Jenkins and Github.
- Express NodeJs experience
- Microservice systems design and architecture experience
- Typescript experience
- Rest APIs experience
- React.js experience
- ReactQuery experience
- Redux experience
- Git experience
- SQL Database experience
- NoSQL Database experience
- Application logging and telemetry (.e.g. Datadog, TrackJs, Sentry) experience
- ASP classic (VB script) experience desirable
- JQuery experience desirable
- SVN experience desirable
- Next.Js experience desirable
- GraphQL, React Native, and SOAP experience advantageous desirable
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and a demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these problems
- Comfort working in an agile and iterative software development process
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of the organization
- Trustworthy and proficient
Education and Working History
- 3+ years of experience in building web applications in commercial environments
- Preferably a Degree in Software discipline but not essential
If you meet the above requirements and want to make a career-changing move, apply today by either filling in the online application form or by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates for this position.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 3 days.